Sunday 9 May 2010

Is there anything else I can help you with?

In lighter, brighter news; I've been notifying all the utility companies and service providers to let them know my new address, and when I rang 3 mobile, I gave my name and address to identify myself and the person I was speaking to said straight up:

"Hello, and can I just say, you have a *wonderful* voice!"

Which was nice to hear. I do have a very clear telephone voice. Maybe I should start using it in everyday conversation.

I've also been particularly enjoying the interaction I've had with British Gas over the past few weeks, the staff are always very patient and helpful, and at the end of the call they always check if there is anything else they can help me with. (I don't know, do you wanna help me bring down the kyriarchy?!) When you are on hold they play you an instrumental version of "The Universal" by Blur, which I find very soothing. So much so, that I have taken to playing it to myself when I need to calm down. I liked this song as a young teen, so it's got pleasant associations for me there too. Although an acquaintance who works at a call centre with a British Gas contract said she used to love this song until she had to listen to it everyday. Too much of a good thing perhaps.

Blur – The Universal (via spotify)

No comments:

Post a Comment