Saturday 20 March 2010

Springtime is the Season


"The springtime is the season where everyone's a friend
Loneliness and desperation both come to an end
No matter how you've died through winter, in spring you're born again
Your life might not be going good but spring helps you to pretend."

(Of Montreal, Springtime is the Season)
Today is the first day of spring.

Mid week I concocted plans to make a banner with this quote on it, and suspend in in the park today. I found some old fabric I could use, but when I tried to start crafting I found the paint I was going to use had solidified, and it was raining, and I wasn't feeling particularly full of the joys of spring, so it didn't happen.

I sorted through my paint cupboard in the hope of finding something else I could use, but there was nothing that would be weather resistant. But this did mean I finally got round to sorting through my paint cupboard. Several tins that had completely dried up got thrown out, and there's a few more that I will hang on to just before I move, and if I still haven't used them I can send them to this ace local project called Seagulls which collects old paint to be redistributed amongst the community.

I also collected three more of those brewery crates (after persuading my sister to take a trip to the supermarket with me in her car, we stopped en-route). I now have them in red, blue, green and black! I realised the backyard I've been getting them from belongs not to a terraced house, but to a closed down off-license cornershop, which explains why the crates are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment