Saturday 20 February 2010

My Favourite Banana Bread Recipe

 This is my favourite banana bread recipe, from the Post Punk Kitchen site:

http://theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=121

One of my old housemates used to bake all the time, and she made a really great banana bread. But it had eggs and alcohol in it, which made it seem a bit decadent for a Saturday morning. You also had to gently simmer apple juice on the stove to cook the sultanas and it all got a little labour intensive.

I like this recipe because it uses ingredients I always have in the house, including a number of bananas going past their best. I try and make my baking vegan, as I like the challenge, plus I still have aspirations of kicking my dairy habit. I have also eaten a lot of disappointing vegan cake over the years, so want to build up a box of tried and trusted recipes to restore people's faith in vegan baking.


I've always made the recipe in a large loaf tin until now, but I recently came across these mini loaf tins and thought they would be adorable for making lots of mini versions of whatever I was making. The batch actually made eight mini loaves, six of which are pictured here, with each loaf about the size of a small muffin/generous cupcake. (The other two of them were eaten before taking the photograph).

Delicious hot or cold, with peanut butter or chocolate spread, or just by itself delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment